Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Success at 7am and Its Unraveling by 11am

I've never been a big fan of chatting about bodily functions. Obviously "keeping things moving" through our systems is a central part of our health and all, but I just don't feel the need to talk about it over morning coffee. I've never understood mothers--of babies or dogs--who stand around and chat about their kids' poop. Seriously, don't want to hear about it. Let's talk about the weather or something.

However . . . poop has suddenly become a key variable in my day. Specifically, the timing of taking our little boo boos outside to do their business. This morning was seamless. Woke 'em up at 7am, took them straight outside. They all pooped immediately and almost in unison. Back inside for breakfast. Back out again to play and once again poop. And then back inside to pass out for post-breakfast nap time.

Feeling good about such a successful morning, I met a friend for tea at the farmer's market, only to come home and find poop everywhere--blankets, toys, bedding, puppies. It was everywhere. Gotta say that I'm glad we don't have too many web cam viewers yet. I'm thinking puppy cam with poop action just ain't all that great.

They're once again down for the count now. We'll see what the afternoon has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment